The Centre for Rural Legal Studies possesses a small, yet flexible team of employee that allows the organization to pursue its goals within the shifting contexts of modern South Africa.
- BoardChairpersonProf Nick Vink joined the University of Stellenbosch as professor in agricultural economics in 1996
- BoardAttorney at Henk Smith and Associates, with a demonstrated history of working in the legal services industry and legal advocacy in branches of the state.
- BoardWith employment history as a researcher in farm worker labour and land rights, Karin brings experience to our team
- BoardHuman Rights Law and Environmental Law graduate with strong passion for environmental education and justice and sustainable development.
- BoardSecretaryProfessional legal services, Specialties: Civil litigation, contracts and trusts, public interest law, environmental law, land reform
- DirectorSharron Marco-Thyse is foremost a human rights activist passionate about issues affecting women, youth and the rural poor.
- ManagerMzukisi has been active in agricultural sector in South Africa for more than 20 years.
- Office WorkerRene joined CRLS in Aug 2010 as a Bookkeeper.